Below, find every article from my Observational Rushing Numbers series.
ORN was a series in which I watched a lot of running backs’ carries, recorded my own unique various stats on these carries, and analyzed those stats, in order to better understand NFL rushing. It provided both a clearer view of how rushing production came about (how both blocking and rushing contributed to rushing efficiency) as well as better statistics to describe how well running backs and offensive lines performed.
Confused about a term? Check the glossary.
- Part Zero: Explanation
- Part One: Introduction
- Part Two: Numbers
- Part Three (1/2): Todd Gurley
- Part Three (2/2): Melvin Gordon, Good Backs/Bad Lines
- Part Four: Todd Gurley’s 2017 breakout
- Part Five: New stuff
- Part Five-point-five: Rebranding and new stuff continued
- Tracking Christian McCaffrey
- Tracking Joe Mixon
- Tracking Marlon Mack
- Tracking Kareem Hunt
- Tracking Leonard Fournette
- Chiefs run blocking
- Tracking Alvin Kamara
- Tracking Dalvin Cook
- Tracking Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, and Ty Montgomery
- Tracking Samaje Perine
- Tracking Matt Breida, Elijah McGuire, D’Onta Foreman, and Wayne Gallman
- Tracking Tarik Cohen